Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Gratitude

Well I have much to be grateful for, and I know that I am late for Thanksgiving but just in time for Christmas.

First of all I am thankful that despite having a heart-attack, heart surgery, pneumonia, kidney stones and two trips to the ER; my dad is alive and doing well. He gave us quite a scare about a month ago and it just seemed like one thing right after another kept happening. But despite it all he has kept a good attitude and is even claiming bragging rights on knowing what it is like to give childbirth.  I guess some nurses told him that they have had kidney stones and given childbirth and the pain for the kidney stones is worse. So he gave "birth" to a 4 1/2 mm kidney stone and is very proud.
 Second: For my husband who despite a horrible grad program and an even more awful adviser,( but I don't think we can call her that because she isn't helpful or advising Justin in anyway) who is making life very miserable for him is sticking with it to provide for his family.  I know how hard it is for him to stay and the last couple of years have been very trying for him, but I am grateful for the sacrifices he is making.
 Third but not last, for these little ones.  Every time I look at this picture it melts my heart and I am overwhelmed with gratitude for each of them. They are the reason I am here and I do everything I do.  I couldn't imagine my life without them. I read this quote by Thomas S. Monson that pretty much sums up how I feel. "May the laughter of children gladden our hearts. May the faith of children soothe our souls. May the love of children prompt our deeds. Children are an heritage of the Lord"
Of course there are many more things but these are the ones closes to my heart right now.

1 comment:

Familia Morales said...

Aww sweet! And I am so loving the pouty lips on Aubrey! I'm so glad your dad is well. And kudos to Justin to keeping at it---how much longer until he's done? Your kids are getting so big. Miss you guys!