Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Always playing catch up

Since I am always playing catch up, here is a much needed update on our kiddos. Sorry I haven't blogged for a while so I don't remember how to do the set up, so the captions and the borders are around the wrong pictures, but I am sure you guys will figure it out:) Enjoy!!!
. Love this picture of Aubrey.  This is when she was about 5 months old out dated but still very cute. She is now 7 months old and growing like a weed, so to speak.  She is only in the 2 percentile, but she is getting so much more mobile and developing quite the personality.  These are pictures of my favorite things that she does. First she loves to get up into the push up position and hold it for awhile.  This is also how she moves herself around. Love it!!!!
Next this is one of her favorite things to do with her hands.  It's her I am completely relaxed or I am incredible stressed position.  She will do this when she is sitting on our laps perfectly happy or when a stranger comes up and says hi, or someone other than mom or dad is holding her.  It's really funny.  Aubrey is a very stressed out, cautious baby.  When people at stores or at church come up to say hi and try to make her smile she will either give them a blank stare or a scowl, it is really funny.  She is her daddy's girl. So much for dates, we will just have to take her with us.
This is the one person that she won't hesitate to smile at, she is a daddy's girl through and through.  I love the admiration in her eyes when she looks at him.  When she is cranky Justin will get on the floor and rough house with her and she loves it.  It goes both ways.  Justin is so in love with his little girl and turns to mush when she is around.  He is constantly holding Aubrey and can't stand the thought of her being on the floor by herself.  These two are so much alike in  looks and personality it is really fun to watch.
On to Syd.  She started preschool a couple of months ago and loves it.  The class is perfect for her because there are only 7 kids and 4 adults in the classroom.  So she gets a lot of one on one attention.  Her best friend is an adorable boy named Joshua, it's so fun to watch her interact with her classmates and watch her grow.  It's weird to think she will be starting Kindergarten in the fall.  Unfortunately our poor little Syd got beat up at the park.  We were at Bailees softball game and Syd and Joel were at the playground across the field.  We were enjoying the game when Joel brought Sydney to us screaming.  In between her sobs we were able to get that a boy pulled out her hair and then she pointed to him.  I was expecting it to be a kid her age, but when I saw him I couldn't believe it.  He was probably a 4th-5th grader, and he was huge.  He just walked by us and sat with his mom as if nothing had happened while Syd is crying and pointing to him saying he hurt me.  We got her settled down and pieced together what happened between her and Joels story, then we took off her shirt and checked her out only to find deep scratch marks across her chest, shoulders and chin.  The more we found out the madder we got.  I guess the kid asked Joel if he could beat them up, to which Joel said no.  But the kid proceeded to hit Syd in the stomach, scratch her then pulled out her hair.  I don't understand why someone that age would need to hurt such a tiny girl, he is old enough to know better and the fact that the kids parents didn't do anything when they were right there listening to it is infuriating. It is so hard when you see your kids hurt, but we seem to be a magnet for bullies.  Joel has had the same problems.  Not quite sure what the problem is but I hope it goes away for my kids sake because I don't want them getting hurt anymore.  Anyways on  to happier things.
Sydney was born on Easter, so we were able to celebrate her 5th Birthday on Easter this year which was really fun.  We had Justins family come over for her b-day/Easter celebration.  I am so glad that we have family close because it is a huge blessing being able to share these special events with them.  I know the kids love it whenever Grandma and Grandpa come to visit and they are creating wonderful memories with them.
She got a Sleeping Beauty cake for her birthday and ice cream duckies for Easter.  It was such a wonderful day and she was so happy. I can't believe my little girl is 5!!!!
Ahh my sweet little Bailee what can I say about her.  I am amazed that she is still with us.  I only say that because she likes to sneak out of the house and go meet our neighbors.  Some of them I trust others I don't.  But she of course has no reserve and will knock and perfect strangers doors and invite herself in.  Which is actually a huge step for her because before she wouldn't even knock on the doors but just run into open doors then lock herself in.  But I am hoping that after a scary talk with dad about what will happen if she goes in the wrong door, that she will think twice before she knocks on someones door. But Bailee is who she is friendly, all trusting and loving.  I think she wants me to make friends because when we go to a park or store, she finds other moms and introduces herself, then asks their names.  Then she will bring the mom to me and say "this is my mom, Pamela....talk to her" then runs off.  I don't know where this outgoing nature came from.  Both Justin and I are pretty shy.
She started softball and loves it.  She is probably the only one on the team who can really play.  She almost took off her coaches head and sent the ball to outfield when she hit a pitch in practice today.  And she is ever so diligent about making sure she gets the ball when she is in outfield.   She hasn't quite grasped the concept of getting the ball and touching the base to get an out, but I am sure that will come.  It is fun to watch her.  Bailee is amazing, she is one of those people that no matter what she does, she will succeed and excel at.
On to my boy.  He is getting very grown up it's crazy.  Because he is getting older it is time to let go of this.  This is his crib blanket he has had since he was a baby.  Not sure why was became so attached to it, but this went everywhere with him.  It has been thrown-up on, peed on and washed so many times that the batting is gone, and the material is so thin you can see through it.  All the color is gone except for the middle and it is disgusting.  We gave him a month to say goodbye then we cut it up and threw it away, except for the middle decoration.  Which I told him I would keep and make something out of it, but in all reality I am hoping he will just forget so I can throw it away with the rest of it.
Joel loves Aubrey.  He doesn't seem to notice he has another sister.  I am sure that he will when she gets older.  But for now he is loving her to death, it's so sweet to watch.  He will make a good daddy someday.
Sorry this pic is sideways, but Joel is in love with Basketball.  He has made a goal to become an NBA player, but wants to specifically play for the Utah Jazz.  We have had the chance to go to several Jazz games while living in Utah and it has been a blast.  Justin and Joel watch every single Jazz game on T.V and whenever we go to the park Joel takes his ball and spends the whole time practicing his shots, passing and footwork.  Joel is very passionate when it comes to his interests.  He will pour is whole heart and soul into it, and will devote every spare minute into learning or practicing it.  It makes me very proud as a parent to watch him work so hard.  It's also fun to know that his favorite jazz player along with several other players and the coach live only 5 minutes from us. Who knows maybe we will bump into them at the store!!!!
This is just a fun daily sight for us. Not the ugly cars but the dear (and that is our neighbors yard not ours).  They come frequently in our backyard to graze, take naps and just to chill out it's fun to see.  Although the messes they leave are not as fun.
One last shot of my 4 cuties.  LOVE THEM!!!!

3 comments:

Familia Morales said...

Love the update. All your kids are so darn cute. Big hugs to your family from us. Hopefully we'll get to see you guys soon.

Des said...

This is Nathan. Don't you know it's rude to take pictures of people going to the bathroom?

Des said...

Okay...now it's me, Des! Cute stories!!! I can't believe that poor sydney got beat up by such an older kid!!! I would have been furious too and probably would have freaked Nathan out by confronting the parents about it. I can't stand it when other people hurt my kids! Unfortunatly we have had quite a few bad experiences here in vegas lately. I can't wait to get out of here. All your babies are beautiful! Glad everything else is going so well for you guys! Love you all!