So I am excited to announce that I am training for a Marathon!!!!!!!
(The only reason I am posting this, is not to brag, but if I tell people, then I can't back out of it ;)
I have always wanted to do one, but never had the courage to do it. For some reason, I have always been afraid of running. I have always felt like physically I could be a runner, but mentally I could never get myself there. (I don't know if that makes sense) But thanks to my sis-in law, who invited family members to do one with her in December, I jumped on board and decided that now is a good time to do one.
I am super excited and I have an excellent trainer helping me. I have been going to the gym 5 days a week 3 of those days are running/cardio and two are lifting weights. But I think my trainer has it in for me because he keeps adding ridiculous amounts of weights to my routine.
He has had me bench pressing 75 pounds, and doing bar squats with 105 pounds. I don't know if he is trying to train me or kill me, but I guess we will find out. Just kidding, Justin has been awesome, I trust him and know that he knows what he is doing, and I know I will be fully trained and prepared when the time comes.
Yesterday I ran 4 miles, so now I only have 22.2 to go!
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
yay pam! that is so exciting! you always used to say how you would like to run a marathon, but didn't think you could do and and now here you are training for one! i'm so proud of you :) you are awesome! can't wait to hear how it goes.
Good luck with the training Pam! Make sure you stretch really good and have good shoes. Have fun with it!
good for you, your awesome! I can't even run a block comfortably and that was before I was prego =)
Good on ya Pam!
YAY!!!
You're going to love it! It really is something pretty amazing to run a marathon. You go and brag all you want. ;)
That is awesome! I totally look up to you for putting yourself up for the challange! I think I will stick to 5k's. Good luck!!
Go Pam! Go Pam!
YAYYYY PAM! That is so awesome. You CAN do it! You CAN do it! And you are going to ROCK it. What an awesome goal and achievement. I'm so excited for you and how perfect to have Justin be your trainer. Husbands are the best. GO PAM, GO PAM, GO PAM!!!!
wow!!!That is so awesome! what great motavation!
Post a Comment