Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Dream Come True

I keep having this reoccurring dream. In it Bailee is in front of me running, and I am behind her running as fast as I can and I can never catch her. Well on Saturday this dream came true.

The Story....

We were at my sisters house, and us grown-ups were in the living room watching a basketball game, when all of a sudden my niece came running in the house saying,

" Bailee is in the middle of the street with her bike, and a car is coming"

I jump up thinking she has been hit by a car, but when I get outside it is a much different picture than what I expected. I look in the street but I don't see Bailee, all I see is a bike on the side of the road and a flash of purple go around the corner.

I think "Oh Crap" and take off as fast as my flip flops will take me. When I turn the corner she is no where in sight, so I run faster. I turn the next corner and there she is 2 1/2 blocks in front of me.

By this time I am trying to run fast (but you know how hard it is to run and keep flip flops on your feet, I am sure the neighbors were very amused by this) and yelling at Bailee to stop. She shows no signs of letting up, but when she turns around and sees me, she takes off even faster. I feel completely helpless, just like in my dreams, I can see the her and the danger in front of her but I can't do anything about it. This is a race I cannot win, she has the lead with the speed and determination to keep going. Recognizing that I can't do this a lone I say a quick prayer.

7- 8 blocks later, I finally catch up to Bailee at a dead end. Thank goodness!!!

Walking home I realized several things:

First: The dead end was an answer to my prayers

Second: Heavenly Father was watching out for Bailee, even when I thought she was safely tucked away in the backyard. The older kids had decided to go on a bike ride and opened the fence letting Bailee out, she tried to take off after the kids but couldn't keep up. Thank goodness for my niece who came and told us where Bailee was, otherwise we would have had no idea where she was or even that she was gone. Finding her would have been a lot harder. It is scary to think where she could have ended up.

Third: My Dad was right when he asked me, why I was training for a Marathon when, training to run sprints would be more useful :)

I feel very grateful that everything ended up the way it did, I know that Heavenly Father was watching out for us. Other than an elevated heart rate and shin splints everyone was okay.

Now I can put this story in the pile of things to blackmail Bailee with when she gets older :)

3 comments:

ray-ray says said...

Oh, Bailee!

And your Dad's right about doing sprints, they will help with your marathon training.

Jolie said...

Oh my goodness! That is SO scary as a parent to have that sense of fear that your child is in emminent danger. <>
I'm SO thankful that Bailee is okay. God must've been keeping all the crazy drivers off that road for a few minutes until you could catch her!

One time we were at a BBQ at Kiwanis Park in Eburg and we lost Joanna (when she was 2.5) for about 5 minutes. Those were the longest 5 minutes of my life!!

Des said...

I'm so glad Bailee was okay! I know what a sick feeling that is. We have had some scary moments like that. I wonder if that dream was there for you as a warning. Good job Pam! Nathan thinks its time to put an electric shock doggy training collar on Bailee.