Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hip Hip Hurray!!!!!

Well I am excited to announce that Justin got accepted to the University of Utah. He will start school for his PHD in Exercise Science in the fall. We are hoping that he can get an Assistantship, like he did at CWU(that is where the school waives your tuition,then Justin will teach P.E classes or labs and he gets paid for it, such a huge blessing). It should take him about 2-3 years to get his degree , then we get to do the whole job search thing again:)

It has been a long wait, and it is such a relief to know what we are doing, instead of just "hanging out" waiting for something to happen. But I have come to the conclusion that this is the reason why none of the jobs have worked out, Justin is supposed to continue his schooling. Which I am thrilled about because his ultimate goal is to teach at a University, and this brings him one step closer to his goal.

It has been a very long road to get to this point, but I know that I have grown a lot from it and my testimony has increased. Whenever I felt that things were just too hard and I didn't have any hope left. The Lord would pour out his tender mercies on us, usually through the help of other people, a lesson at church or by some other means. I find it ironic that it is when you have been broken down and you feel at your weakest that you find your strength. Justin tells me that it is the same with your body. When you are working out and trying to build your muscles up, they have to be broken down first, then you have to keep working before they can grow and become stronger. But if you break down your muscles, but don't keep working on them to build them up they stay weak, and it is harder to strengthen them.

Anyways on to the next chapter of our lives, I can't wait!!!


(On another note, my blog will be going private in a couple of days, so leave me your email address so I can invite you :)

16 comments:

Chelsi said...

pam that is so wonderful! it is such a relief to know what the next step is. i'm so happy for you guys!! that's a great analogy about the muscles. i love it!

oh and i want to be invited :)

cmgreenw00d@yahoo.com

thinking of you!

ericksonzone said...

That is exciting that things are falling into place. It can be frustrating in the waiting, having faith, believing everything will work out process, but definitely a time of growth.

jcinthezone@gmail.com

Beth Tunnell said...

Congratulations! (side note, my kids have recently started watching Super Why! and your entry title totally made me think of their happy song at the end.) I'd love to be able to continue to check out what your fun family is up to.

bethtunnell@gmail.com

Kim said...

We are so excited for you guys...Kim and jason. We have 3 e-mails JasonBrown4@u.boisestate.edu, KimberlyBrown2@clearwire.net, and jdawg2ny@hotmail.com.

Kelly Moore said...

oooh, please add me. scrapbookmomma@gmail.com

Lore Smart said...

YAYYYY!!! What a blessing for you guys. The Lord works in mysterious ways ; ) What a wonderful, loving wife you are Pam....just the sweetest girl I know. I'm so excited for your new adventures in school,...do you have to move? What a great analogy of the muscles to life....such a cool way to look at it. How is the marathon training going? I think of you on my runs...I"m so excited that you are dong a marathon, hope the training is going well Pam.

Definetly want an invite.....loresmart@yahoo.com

The Stilsons said...

Congrats Justin & Fam! I hope things really work out at the U!
Please include me in your invites;
thestilsons@q.com

TJBrown said...

browninlouisville@q.com --- Tara Hafer

Ashleigh said...

Congrats to you all!

ashleighsbutler@gmail.com :)

Familia Morales said...

That's great!
superjefa82@yahoo.com

Feels Like Today said...

add me

ray-ray says said...

whew!! Good to know!

wikkie_walkie-at-hotmail-com

Sherry said...

Hey congrats on getting into school!! We are moving to TX in August for grad school as well!!! SO excited. You have a beautiful family. I can't believe that Sydney is 3. Sheesh!!!

ericksonzone said...

Hey I tried freezing a cup of milk like you said your dad did and it's great! I think my husband would agree that it is a whole lot healthier than so much of the apple juice.

The Odermott's said...

I am so happy for you guys.

Des said...

That's great for your family! Even though its a 2-3 year commitment, its nice to be onto a plan I bet! Good for you guys!