Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mating

Warning this story contains a little too much information, reader discretion is advised :)

So after watching "Big Cat Diary" (an animal planet show that features Lions, Leopards and Cheetahs) Joels favorite show, I get asked this question...

Joel-"Mom can I mate with Sydney?"

Me-" Ummm, NO!!!!!"

Joel-" Why not?"

Me-"Well that is inappropriate, and that is not something we talk about and say we are going to do to people"

Joel-"Why, mating is just a way that lions say hello and good-bye"

Me-" Ahhh, no it is not"

Joel-"Mom, what is mating"

Me-" Mating is where a mommy lion and a daddy lion get together and make baby lions"

Joel-" I'm going to mate with a whole bunch of different people when I grow up"

Me-" No Joel mating is only for married people"

Joel-"Oh, so when I get married I can mate, just like you mate with daddy?"

Me, as I am trying to control my laughing "Yes Joel"


I think we will back off that show for awhile :)

4 comments:

Familia Morales said...

Oh my gosh! That is hilarious! Still laughing over here...

Chelsi said...

thank you pam. you just totally made my night. now i can go to bed with a smile on my face :)

i miss you guys!!! hope all is well.

Ashleigh said...

LOL! Joel is so funny! I love the stories you post of him!

Des said...

Pam, that was absolutely hilarious! Nathan and I were both laughing. I'm glad I wasnt having that conversation with Quincy. We have been close before while watching planet earth! A few times one of us had to suddenly jump up and act like we were looking for the remote right in front of the TV. All the kids were screaming, "Move! We cant see!"