Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Bummer

My marathon training has come to a halt. Hopefully only temporally. Because I really didn't listen to my husband and I decided to run, run,run, in my cheap little 5 dollar shoes. I have shin splints. You know the kind where you are just sitting there than all of a sudden you get that awful sharp pain in your shins. Then when you think that they are fine, you go and test your running legs only to find out that it still hurts. Not to mention my knees feel like bone is grinding on bone whenever I run. Since I don't have any health insurance, and I don't want to injure myself, I have had to put that on the back burner. I am not happy about that because I was doing so well. I was able to run 6.25 miles easily, in 1 hour and my fastest mile (which I know really isn't that fast, but for me it is) was just over 9 minutes. So I have been able to accomplish more that what I thought I would.

So rest for now, let myself heal, than I will be back on track!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Familia Morales said...

Good job on your training. Seriously, invest in some good shoes, they are wonderful!

I have had to stop running too. I get shin splints every time I run now. I even took a 3 week break from running and did low impact workouts. Every time I hit the pavement it comes back. Bummer.

ray-ray says said...

GO GET SOME GOOD SHOES!!!!!

((i loooove saucony's, but i'm guessing you have tiny, narrow feet...you should try out asics.))

Totally worth the cash you lay down for them.

And nice job on the training so far. It's not an easy thing to do.

Ashleigh said...

Aw, thats too bad Pam! I hope they feel better soon! and yes, we really need to get together! :)