Monday, July 12, 2010

Project 101

Whenever I come to my parents house I get in the mood to do projects. A lot of that is because of the "Perry" genes that run through me. But this project I just couldn't resist. This is the playhouse that my mom and her siblings grew up playing in. Since I grew up, living right next to my grandparents I was able to play in it almost everyday. Now my kids get to play in it. It is kind of surprising how long this house has lasted, but unfortunately the furniture in it did not, except for one piece.

So after 3 different thrift stores and several yard sales, I found these jewels. Priced at $4 and $5, I was so excited!!!!



And transformed them into this......

Perfect furniture for the play house!!!!

A cute little fridge

The Stove before

and after!!!!!

Now I can't take the credit for all of this, my brother and wonderful husband helped out a lot, and my mom took care of the kids so I could work on it. But now that it is done, I am itching for another project...... Any ideas?

5 comments:

Chelsi said...

pam those are adorable! great job. repurposing is so much fun and there are so many fun ideas for projects out there. hope all is well. we miss you guys!!

Familia Morales said...

Holy cow, those are great!! Love how you turned them into cool things!

Des said...

Wow Pam!!! Those are fantastic! I'm right there with you on liking to fix things up and reuse them. I don't know how you did it, but they look great! We are both very impressed!

The Stilsons said...

You definitely have a talent. I have a hard time seeing things as what they could become instead of just what they are! Way to go! They are awesome!

The Odermott's said...

that oven is awesome! So cute! How are you guys. I miss having you guys around. I love the photo of the kids on teh top. Very cute!