Well the "Money Pit" is finally gone, and by the "money pit", I mean the Chevy van that we used to drive, that sucked the money out of us.........literately it did.
It went somewhat peacefully when the engine blew. It was filled with and surrounded by family when it happened. A great effort to recover the body and it's stranded victims was made. A couple of days later Justin laid it to rest in a Wyoming junkyard, where the working parts could be used to save other vans. Friends and family gathered to remember it's short but painful life. Later it was determined that the reason for the blown engine was the failure to pray before getting in it.
It is a sad but true story. Luckily we were not in the van when it happened, unfortunately Justin's family was.(So sorry...... again guys :)
So we are in the market for a new Van. Any advice would be great. It can be good or bad things based on your experience with different vehicles. We are looking at going foreign maybe Toyota, Nissan or Honda. But I am looking for all the help I can get, I don't want to have to buy another van for a very long time, so let me know what you think.
But I will leave you guys some excellent advice
NEVER BUY A CHEVY VENTURE VAN, AND NEVER EVER, EVER, BUY A VAN IN YAKIMA, WASHINGTON!!!!!
Sunday, August 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
We bought a KIA and we LOVE it! It has high safety ratings and looks just a nice as the Toyotas and Hondas. We bought used so I don't get to freaked out when the kids make a mess on our road trips. Good luck!!
So fun to see all that has been going on in your family Pam. For some reason my blog update thing hasnt been updating and I didn't know you have been posting things this whole time. What a fun summer you've had with family! Your kids are getting so much bigger(especially little Sydney). So fun to see all your pics. You look so great Pam and happy. As for advice on vans....no clue but we do love hondas(they last forever and are very reliable). Happy van shopping.
I just love the way you word things Pam! You are so funny. I'm sorry about your van. I remember you telling me on the camping trip that you thought that was coming. You were right. I LOVE our Honda Odysey. Its great! I would do it again. Good luck!
You know I'm a big fan of the Vanagon....but if you want one that isn't 20 years old, you can spring for the VW Eurovan. Just like the sweet Vanagon but the engine's in the front. Good luck!
Post a Comment