Monday, June 6, 2011

22 Weeks

 Okay so this is me at 22 weeks. Over halfway done hurray!!!
Sorry this picture is sideways but I couldn't figure out how to turn it, so you'll have to turn your head to see.  But this is my precious little girl. We were able to finally figure out what she was going to be after being told that it was a girl, then a boy, then back to a girl. Justin, Bailee and Syd were very excited when they found out it was a girl.  Joel was very sad and even went out to the garden and laid down in the dirt. It breaks my heart that Joel will not get a brother, he has been praying for one ever since we told him I was pregnant. But I am hoping that he will be okay and love his new sister. (This is actually an ultra sound picture at19 weeks)
Everything so far looks pretty good the only concern is my placenta is laying in front of my C-section scar, so the doctor said the delivery could be much more difficult and I could loose a lot more blood. But thankfully there is still time for things to move, so at 32 weeks we will check again and hopefully things will be different.

Things I have noticed with this pregnancy:

I understand the "waddle", now. None of my other kids were low enough for me to feel any pressure or pain when I walked, but this baby seems so be sitting really low, so I am a waddeler. Not looking forward to how much more it's going to hurt when the baby gets bigger.  And of course with the increase pressure down there all it takes is one kick and I loose most of what is in my bladder. (I used to make fun of my sister for that all the time)

I Love and crave, hot mustard!!! You know the stuff that comes with the sweet and sour sauce at Chinese restaurants.  I literally cover my food in it, soooo good.  I can't get enough of it.

My desire to clean and organize has almost diminished.  I would on a weekly bases clean and organized my kids rooms. You know taking out all of their clothes folding them, going through all the toys and putting them in the right bucket. But now I just shut their doors and pretend like I don't see it. Occasionally I will get into the cleaning/organizing mode, but it doesn't happen very often.

Nesting has been replaced with gardening. Love it!!!

Ok this one might sound really bad, but I'll share it anyway. I've never been one to swear, but every time I drop something or hurt myself the "S word" just comes flying out. I don't even know where it comes from. So I am hoping that once this baby comes that will stop.
I haven't really posted much lately so I have a lot to catch up on, Easter, dance recitals, kindergarten graduations, birthdays, the beginning of summer, projects and everyday fun. So watch for those upcoming posts.........hopefully :)

5 comments:

Jolie said...

Pam!! I just rediscovered your blog through Rachel's today and hurray for you!! You're expecting! I'm excited for you.
Loved reading up on what's going on with you guys.
We must have so much in common. I've really taken to gardening this season as well and all of a sudden, could care less if the dishes and laundry get done. HA!
Well, and I've always let those little "S" words slip out anyway, so that's nothing new. ;-(

You look so glowy and pretty pregnant! Take care, hope that the placenta issue resolves itself.

Lore Smart said...

YAY! Pam!!! Another sweet girl. Joel will be well taken care of with all of his little sisters around. He will love it when they get older and bring all of their friends over : ) It sounds like you have a great doctor and are in good hands. Thinking of you and your cute family ; )

Familia Morales said...

Ha ha Pam, you make me laugh! You're looking good and tiny! Can't hardly see a baby bump.

Hot mustard, really? That's one I haven't heard before. Only 18 more weeks of waddling and crossing your legs when you cough. :)

I did the same outdoor nesting as well when I was preg with Bri. I think it has to do with actually getting results outside, whereas inside anything you do is messed up again in an hour.

See you soon!

Des said...

You are looking great Pam! I love the tiny bump!! There's nothing like a cute baby belly! =) As for Joel. I'm so sorry for him. I know how much he wanted a brother. I was SO nervous with my last pregnancy that London wouldn't get a sister. Maybe someday we will live close enough to visit really often so Joel can get the brotherly feel with my boys. We sure can't wait to see you guys!!

ericksonzone said...

That is so exciting that you are expecting! Yay! It was fun to catch up with your family. I hope that this pregnancy goes well. I totally understand the waddle. It seems like with each one it started sooner and got worse for me. I hope things move and you don't have to worry about your scar/blood loss. Enjoy the summer!