Monday, December 8, 2008

Kelsos Choice

So in school Joel is learning how to deal with little problems with other students before going to an adult for help. They have a little chart called Kelsos choice with 10 things that kids can do, some of the things are, walk away, ask them to stop, suggest sharing and ignore. Well the other day I asked Joel at least 5 times to get his pajamas on and he wouldn't respond, so finally I went up to him and asked him if he heard me. He told me that he did, and I asked him why he didn't do it, to which he answered,

"I'm using Kelsos choice and ignoring you."

I tried hard not to laugh, because after all that is what they are teaching the kids to do in school. But maybe they should make sure the kids know not to use it on their parents. I wonder if we can use the same technique with our spouses....hmmm... ..okay, not really, but an interesting thought.

4 comments:

Familia Morales said...

That is so funny! Did you get him in his pajamas eventually?

Ashleigh said...

He's a smart one! Very funny! At least you know he is paying attention and listening at school!

Chelsi said...

Kids will be kids! That's pretty funny though. Good to hear he's learning something at school after all :)

Sherry said...

Your family is so cute Pam!! That is a funny story about Joel. Have a very Merry Christmas! Sherry