Saturday, May 9, 2009

Our children sang as they hiked and hiked....and hiked!!

Today we went hiking at Manastash Ridge, and for those of you who are from Ellensburg probably know what is is, but for those of you who don't it is about a 2 mile hike uphill the entire time. We hiked through all those hills to the right side of the tip top of that tall mountain you see.
It really isn't that hard, but with three little ones it presents more of a challenge. But I am really proud of my kids because they made it to the top and back down with minimul carrying and recieved many compliments from the other hikers . Even Sydney hike the first mile or so. It took us about 3 1/2 hours to do, mainly because we had to stop and look at all the bugs, pick all the flowers, and pet everyones dogs that were going up and coming down. We met a lot of really nice people. We also stopped and ate lunch half way and spent some time at the top. At the top is a book for people to sign, so of course we signed it and I was ready to document the occasion, but realized that I left my camera in the van, oops, so these are the best pictures I could get, sorry. But here is what our kids looked like when we got into the van, they were soooo tired, (we really should do this more often)
We love hiking as a family and I am looking forward to the nice weather so we can do this every weekend, but I hope that it creates some good memories for our kids.

5 comments:

Familia Morales said...

What a fun thing to do together! It looks like a great way to drain some of that endless energy out of the kids.

Anonymous said...

...Wow they did look tired. I'll keep that in mind in years to come! Oh, I love your family pictures!!!

ray-ray says said...

Kudos to you!! I've hiked that before and it's no easy feat.
To do it with your kids...you deserve a gold medal!!!

The Odermott's said...

how fun! I bet your kids went down for naps nicely!

Lore Smart said...

impressive, way to go Brown family. What a fun day you had....I liked the picnic idea too.