So I need some advice. I can't decide if I should put Bailee in preschool. Next year she will make the cut off for Kindergarten but she will be the youngest in her class, and I'm not sure if she is ready. So here are my options and please feel free to give me your opinions.
Option #1 Put her in Head Start , which will be 4 days a week for 5-6 hours, that includes riding the bus. This is the same preschool that Joel went to and it wasn't all that great. But it is free and the only thing we can afford. But she will be able to socialize and it will hopefully get her ready for kindergarten and she will learn she can't run off........hopefully.
Option #2 Find a twice a week Preschool for about 3 hours a day, and get the socialization and
discipline she needs, but take out a loan so we can pay for it.
Option #3 Teach her stuff at home, keep her in dance, arrange playdates and hope that in a year she would have matured and is out of the running off hiding phase. Put her in kindergarten next year, warn the teachers, ask the school to barracade any openings in the playground with security guards infront of them, have the teacher install a lock at the top of the door with a security alarm to go off every time the door is opened, and assign someone to follow her everywhere she goes ,especially to the bathrooms. Then sit at home and wait for any phone calls informing me that my daughter is missing.
Option#4 Home school her for the rest of her life. (not a big fan of this idea so don't even think about voting for this one)
Option#5 Hold her back from kindergarten and put her in preschool next year and hope that an extra year of maturing will help her to be ready for school.
I am so confused, please help!!!
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I'll email you today Pam! I just have too much to say for a comment.
Really? Number 3 is actually an option?! Honestly, I'd go with number 1. But then again, it depends on how 'not that great' the preschool program is. Preschool was great for Annaleise, it taught her all the things I couldn't get through her head--like following rules, taking turns and not running away. There's always joy school if that's an option for you. Just think of all that time with just you and Sydney! Good luck figuring it all out Pam!
I think that if she is really young for her age start teaching her a home a little each day then next year send her to preschool then kindergarden. That might be what i do you kenzie becuase her birthday is sep 1st. If you think she is be great in kindergarden then do not worry about preschool if yo don't think she will do good you can wait another year. i know that you have to make a lot of decissions as a parent. go with what you think is best. you two know her the best after all. good luck we love you guys. kim and jason
First off, very BEAUTIFUL pictures of you and your family!
You and me are in the same boat it sounds like. When is Bailee's birthday? Because Joanna's is 9/10/05 and we've decided to wait an extra year to put her in kindergarten for the same reason--she'd just be too young if she started next fall.
So we plan on doing preschool for two years.
The only reason Joanna gets to go to preschool this year is because a family member is "sponsoring" her. Cause we're too broke to fork out the money!!
If you'd like to do preschool at home, I recently found this online. You pay a one time fee to get all the lesson plans, materials, supplies, etc. and the best part is, you can use it over and over again on each kid. It's only about $70 if I remember right. Here's the link!
http://www.valuesparenting.com/joyschool/
i would do headstart see how she does. If she isn't ready next year for school. then i would do another year of preschool. my mom put me in to early and i ended up getting held back because i wasn't ready to go into school.
I vote for home school - sorry Pam:) My second vote is #1, even though I DID see that school and went with Joel to school for a couple hours. Then again....Joy school is a great idea....good luck!
my vote....#1. Try it out, if it doesn't fit you can fall back on the other options! But really what do I know, you know your Bailee the very best and what would be best for her individually! Thinking of you all!
Well, I vote for #1 too, like everyone else said, if it does not seem to be good for her, pull her out! I totally understand not wanting to do the home school thing, my kids listen to other people better for some reason... :) Good luck!
Hi Pam!
Hudson won't be able to go to grade K until he is almost 6- that's two years to wait.
He's in our head start now, which is a really good program, but I can understand your concern with the long days for Bailey, especially if you weren't impressed with the program... But I don't think there is anything wrong with waiting another year before putting her in Kindergarten. You might be surprised at how well she does in head start. :)
JUST DON'T Take out a loan for preschool!!! :)
Good luck and keep us updated!!!
Post a Comment