First of all thank you to everybody who left a comment on my last post. It really helped make up my mind on what I should do. So after talking to Justin we decided that we would try and put her into the Head Start program, see how she does and if she hasn't improved with her running off and locking herself in places then we will hold her back from Kindergarten and do another year of preschool. It seems like such an easy answer but for some reason I was having a really hard time coming to that conclusion, so THANK YOU!!
But I also need some more advice. Sydney has been having a lot of night terrors lately. She wakes anywhere from 2-5 times every night screaming bloody murder. She has stopped taking naps during the day so I don't know if that is making her overly tired and that is why she is waking up. It is getting very exhausting, but the nice thing is she only wants Dad to help her, lucky for me, not so lucky for Justin. So if anyone has any pointers that would be great. (Maybe I should just turn this into my I need help blog :)
On the bright side, this weekend instead of doing our usual deep cleaning of the house, we listened to our kids pleas to go to the mountains and decided to go hiking instead and I am so glad that we did. We hiked the Manastash Ridge again, and I am so proud of my kids, they did awesome!!! Instead of doing the same route we did before, we found a different route that was longer but more of a gradual uphill climb with shade. Let me tell you it was soooo much better. I think the distance was about 6 miles round trip and it took us 2 hours to climb up and 1 hour to get back down. Not too bad considering both Justin and I were sick with colds and Sydney had to stop and look at everything. But the kids were able to sign their names in the book at the top, rest for a little bit and recieve a nice sugary treat to re-energize them get back down. It was really nice. I love hiking with my family, there is just something about being in the mountains and exercising that is very theraputic for our family. Someday I hope that Justin and I will be able to do a 4 day hiking trip by ourselves, I think that would be so much fun.
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Corgan went through a night terror stage just a little while ago.
Just like clockwork, 3-4 nights a week between 10:15-11:30, he would scream and scream and scream and mumble all sorts of jumble.
At first we'd try and wake him up, but that only seemed to make it worse. So we just tried to have him lay back down, and rub his back until he calmed down and "fell back asleep"....because he never really woke up.
They lasted about 2 months, and every so often he'll have another one, so I'm guessing it's just a phase that some kids go through.
Not sure if any of that helps, but I do know how frustrating it is!!
you know brayden does the same thing sometimes. Not everynight but once in a while he does. and we do just what rachel does. we lay him back down and rub is back until he is fully out again. it only takes like 5 minutes so its not toooooo bad. I also make sure that nate doesn't watch any of his NCIS or play scary xbox games before brayden goes to bed. i think that was what happened a little with brayden. Since i have told nate no more NCIS before bed or scare looking xbox games. Brayden doesn't have them as much.
Hudson had these for a little while last year. Doctor said (I asked while we were there any way, I wouldn't go just for that- I'm not THAT paranoid yet...) that it helps to know about what time they happen and wake him up 1/2 an hour before- give him a drink, take him to the potty, whatever... and then lay him back down... It worked after a few nights and he hasn't had them since...
Your new family picture is very cute:)
Sorry about poor little Syd and Justin. That hike sounds like fun...did it wear out the kids?
Post a Comment