Today I started with the floors, they have been driving me crazy for a long time. The kitchen floor has tiny little groves in each of the squares that is great at collecting all the dirt, a curse to whomever invented that. I have mopped and mopped and could not get them clean, so I decided to do things the old fashion way. On my hands and knees with a brush. I soaked a section of the floor with water and cleaner, let it sit, soak another section, go back to the first section and scrub....so on and so forth. I was in the cleaning zone. The zone where you just go and you don't stop until you are done, no matter how much your arm hurts or how tired you are. The zone where along the way you see other things that need to be cleaned so you clean it too. The zone that scares your husband where he questions your sanity, and he retreats to the bedroom. Oh yeah I was there, and I love it!!!
I'm embarrassed to show this picture but this is what my floor looked like before. Disgusting I know.

I did manage to recruit some help

Finally.... 2 hours later, Ta Da!!

So clean you could eat off of it. I had so much fun. I love taking something dirty or old and making it look clean and new. Tomorrow the work continues, I still need to do under the fridge, stove and in the bathroom. I can't wait, and yes for those who are wondering I am OCD when it comes to this stuff and I will be checking myself into a psychiatric hospital as soon as my house is clean.

8 comments:
Beautiful Pam.....it looks so clean! It does make sense to have things really clean for the winter,especially with flu bugs going around! You will have a very "white" winter both inside and out!!!!
Wooohoo! Look at those sparkling floors! Must feel so good. Nice work Pam! It was so great to talk to you the other day. I need more girl time like that! Hugs!!!
Ok the previous comment was from me! I have no idea why it showed up as matt???
Before you commit yourself to the psychiatric ward, do you think you could come work your OCD magic on my house as well? Hee hee! Your floors look great! And way to train those little helpers of yours.
I loved the floor Pam. Alot of hard work. I was thinking about doing the samething soon. I agree that winter is a good time for deep cleaning. Love Ya
oh wow!! Great work - now I'm motivated:)
Wow you really scrubbed that floor!
Its nice to see that I'm not the only one who feels a little OCD about a cleaning project. =) Doesn't it feel great?!!! Your floor looks terrific!
Post a Comment