When you are young, it is really hard to understand why your parents make the rules that they do. I remember saying,
"When I have children I'm not going to make them do that, I am going to let my kids do whatever they want." (Ha ha ha, yeah that's not going to happen.)
For example: Saturday morning cleaning. I dreaded it, I told myself I would never do that to my kids, but surprise, surprise every Saturday I have my kids help me deep clean.
Example #2 Early bedtime. I always complained about having to go to bed at 8:00, but now my kids go to bed at 7:00, sometimes earlier..... depending on the day.
Example #3 This is the rule I hated the most, 12:00 curfew on the weekends!!! Okay, so I don't have teenagers yet, so that rule is still pending. But the way Bailee is going, I may not let her out of the house on the weekends.
It is amazing how without even knowing it, we turn in to our parents!!!! Which is not a bad thing. I have wonderful parents and I am more than happy to follow in their footsteps, but it really makes me think twice about what I am doing as a mom. Because my kids will do as I do(or do the complete opposite if they are too traumatized :) It's kind of a lot of pressure when you think of all the generations you could be affecting.....yikes!!! If our kids don't turn out right, we can always blame our great-great-great.....grandparents....right!!! Just kidding.
I love my kiddos so much and I love being a mom. I don't think I say this very often, but they are really good kids, I am lucky to have them. My kids are my life, they are the reason I get up in the morning, and why I collapse at night.
So to Joel, Bailee and Sydney I love ya, and be patient with me, someday you will understand too!!
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Awww, sweet! I finally understand why we were assigned seats when we went on a road trip. And why my parents loved the quiet game. And why every so often my mom would get exasperated and say, "can't you leave me alone for just 5 minutes?!"
Scary how much we all turn out like our parents huh! Even though we think they are weird & mean sometimes and then that moment comes along...and we're weird & mean too! Or we just do silly things to keep ourselves sane during the young years of our children. I am afraid to see what happens when they are in their teenage years. What a deap thinker you are but i couldn't agree more!
Post a Comment