Well it has been a week since arriving in Utah and it has been filled with some fun adventures.
First off A huge THANK YOU to everyone that helped us move!!!! We couldn't have gotten it done as quickly as we did. Moving is never fun, but it is so much easier when you have wonderful people to help. Thanks again to the wonderful Ellensburg clan, we miss you guys already!!!!
Things here have been going pretty well. Joel started his new school this week, and it has been different. He now has weekly homework packets, full of stuff that I never learned until 3rd or 4th grade. For instance pronouns. I still struggle with knowing the difference between pronouns, nouns, verbs ect. This should be very interesting, but hopefully a good learning experience. He hasn't made any friends yet, but he tells us that he does play with "womens", (aka girls) during recess. But he is loving every minute he gets to spend with his Grandma :)
Bailee is pretty happy and does her Bailee thing. Her favorite thing to do is sneak out of the house, go to the front door and ring the door bell. She gets a kick out of our reaction when we see that it is her at the door. But she keeps asking me when she gets to go to school and it makes me so sad. Headstart here isn't letting any more kids enroll until the middle of March. I guess I need to start thinking of things to keep her busy :)
Sydney has been fun. The night we got here she spiked a fever, threw up, followed by diarrhea the next day. Then we noticed that her eczema was spreading and getting really bad, accompanied by a rash covering most of her body. After a couple of days we decided to bite the bullet and take her into the doctors. Turns out she has strep throat. That was the furthest thing from my mind, but it did explain why she was so cranky. Yeah that was fun, did I forget to mention that she fell in to the window well. It is a pretty good drop, but she managed to escape without any marks to show for it. Poor little girl. Despite that she has had a lot of fun with her aunts and Grandparents.
Justin and I have started working out together, which has been really nice, but I realize just how out of shape I am :( But lucky for me I am married to a Personal Trainer, who can fix that :)
Life is good and I feel so very blessed!!!!
Friday, February 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Happy to have you here! Sorry about my weird sleeping habits - maybe they'll get better soon...I need my beauty sleep to keep up with the kids! We are blessed to have you all oh so very close:)
YAYYY! it sounds like you are all off to a great start. How totally funny and cute that Joel calls girls "womans". LOL! So great to read your post and know that things have been good. Thinking of you Pam and missing you~!
Poor little Sydney! Sorry she's been so sick. That's got to be hard on you and her. Sound like Bailee is doing her little Bailee thing. Hopefully March will get here before you know it. *Hobby Lobby is a great place to find easy crafts for little kids to do (we love the little foam thingys, you just peel off the back and stick them on paper--entertains kids for hours!) Good luck to Joel with his new school, love his 'women' comment! Have fun at the gym. Love you guys!
I am so glad things a working out I miss you guys. Sundays just wont be the same. I will try my best to keep our blog updated.
So great to hear that things are falling into place for you in your new home! Not too fun about the strep throat though...poor sydney! Hope she's feeling better and that school goes well for Joel. March will come soon for Bailee! Thanks for the update! We miss you guys:)
We will have to get together one of these days when my life settles down! So glad the move went so well!
Post a Comment