Thursday, January 29, 2009

Pride Comes Before the Fall

I have issues with getting things that are placed out of my reach, and I really hate having to ask for help and I especially hate having to get something to stand on in order to get what I want. Well today I was at Albertsons getting some pop for the sickos at my house, but the one I wanted happened to be on the top shelf, so I thought to myself...."Self you should go find someone to help get that down." But I thought about how embarrassing that would be, and I proceeded to get it myself. I had it in my fingertips for about a second before I lost it. It hit the floor and exploded and than shot forward like a rocket to the end of the aisle, leaving a trail of Cherry 7up behind it. It was a mess. Luckily no one was in the aisle with me otherwise they would have been soaked. So I debated should I make a run for it before anyone comes my way or should I find some help. Well my conscience got the better of me and picked up what was left of the 7up bottle and went one aisle over and found the sweetest old man stocking shelfs and told him what happened, and he cleaned it up. The whole time Joel was laughing because he thought it was pretty cool watching the pop bottle fly across the floor, and then he kept saying:

"Mom you dropped the pop and made a big mess."

I have to admit it was pretty funny, but I have to ask myself what is more embarrassing, asking someone for help getting something down, or asking someone to clean up a mess I made because I couldn't reach what I wanted, but tried anyway...hmmmm that's a toss up.

4 comments:

The Odermott's said...

That makes me laugh! I normaly grab the first tall person I see and Ask to barrow there hight for a second. Normally they chuckle a little and then are more then happy to help me out. It makes me not feel stupid for asking. Try it out.

Familia Morales said...

That's so funny! Joel probably thought you were the coolest mom around for making a bottle of pop shoot off like a rocket. Hope your house of sickies gets better soon.

Feels Like Today said...

Wish I could have seen that one!! I just have Amber or Jenn step on the lower shelves to grab what I need:)..and of course, we look to make sure someone isn't looking:) I would have loved to see Joels reaction...

ray-ray says said...

i would pay to have been there to see that!!!