Sunday, October 18, 2009

Darn Glasses!!!

So I need to blog because I am going crazy and need a distraction. Today we went for a walk and were almost home when Sydney tripped and hit her head on the cement, when I picked her up she had a deep gash in her head, so I ran her in to Justin, he looked at it and said it was deep enough for stitches. Because I don't do well with blood Justin took her to the Emergency Room (only because that is the only place that is open), that was over 4 hours ago. I've talked to him twice and the Doctors have not done anything yet!!! My baby is in the hospital with a gash in her head, bleeding, and the doctors are dealing with people with the Flu. I am so mad. If someone has the flu there isn't much you can do about it other than test for it and send them home, but you can treat someone who is bleeding. Okay now that I've done my little rant I'll continue.

Anyways they just got home and Sydney ended up with 7 stitches, and from what I hear from Justin he said that the hole was really deep. What happened was her glasses broke and jammed in her head causing the hole. Poor little girl. It is amazing though, she hardly cried after she hit her head, and Justin said the only time that she cried in the hospital was when they were giving her the numbing shots, she actually fell asleep while they were stitching her up. Kids are so resilient right now she is running around talking up a storm, and she is getting the bed ready for Justin and saying "Good night dad, lay down...... lay down now!!!"

Now that my baby is home and I know that she is safe I'm going to bed, but I'm glad that she is ok and that she did so well. On a funny note when Joel said his prayer he prayed that the doctors wouldn't cut off Sydneys head :)

7 comments:

Lore Smart said...

ohhh, poor little Sydney!!! It is amazing how resilient kids are! It sounds like the emergency room wasnt so "emergency"!!! Glad she is doing well now!

Familia Morales said...

Oh, poor girl! She handled it so well though. I love Joel's prayer!

Feels Like Today said...

Oh Syd! Kisses & hugs to you sweetie pie :) We love you!

Chelsi said...

Poor thing! Kids sure do keep our lives interesting don't they!? So glad to hear that after all that waiting everything went well. Waiting is the worst most helpless feeling sometimes. Sorry you had to go through all of that. I miss you Pam!!! We're still on vacation in CA till Saturday, but when I get back we'll have to plan a time for a visit to Ellensburg. Glad to hear that all is well and that's pretty cute that Joel prayed for Sydney. Way to see the silver lining :)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!! I just about cried when mel told me!! How sad! She was a brave little girl though! Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Scary! Those glasses should be confiscated! But...she really didn't cry? I wish I had her pain level!

Jolie said...

I don't know what it is about our ER in town. The couple times I've had to take a kid in, we've sat and waited for at least an hour or more before any doctor saw us.

So so sorry to hear about your baby Sydney getting hurt so bad, but you're right. Kids really are tough. I think they learn to over exaggerate and be wimpy from their fathers. ;-)

Oh, and what a funny/cute prayer Joel said for his sister. hahahaha!