Saturday, October 10, 2009

Feeling Good

Today we did a 2.5 mile family fun run, as a part of the Community Hospitals wellness program through Justins work. Our wonderful friend let us borrow her jogging stroller, and let me tell you that made a huge difference, I am officially in love with these strollers. I would sell my van to get one.
We started at 10 am and at 10:21 Justin crossed the finish line in 1st place. That is awesome considering Justin has been having a lot of back pains and wasn't going to run, he got stuck in the crowd at the beginning and had a lot of ground to cover and he was pushing the stoller with the girls. I think that even he was a little suprised. But it was REALLY cold and I think that helped to motivate him :)
I stayed back with Joel, who ran the whole 2.5 miles. I couldn't believe it!!! We came in 7th place with a time of 30 minutes. He was the only one his age who ran it. But Joel also had a little motivation. We had a lady with a dog behind us the entire time, so Joel made sure that we stayed well ahead of it.
Here we are at the start of the run. Freezing, but in good spirits.


The girls enjoying their ride and their warmth.


This is Joel and I after we crossed the finished line.

I know that pride is a sin, but I am so proud of my boys, they did so awesome!!!

5 comments:

Familia Morales said...

That's great! I can't believe Joel ran the whole thing, and that fast!

Feels Like Today said...

That's great!! High 5's to the guys:) Looks like it was fun!

Kelly Moore said...

I am SO impressed!

Ashleigh said...

Way to go Joel! Oh and everyone else! :)

Lore Smart said...

Loved this post!!! You are well on your way to running a 1/2 marathon Pam, that would be awesome!!! What a great family run!!! We sure miss you but it looks like the Brown family is doing great!!!